Links and Tips
MET The Metropolitan Environmental Trust coordinates and promotes recycling and environmental events in the metropolitan Tulsa area
Neighborhood Safety Tips from the City of Tulsa - The Burglary Basics:
- Neighborhood Churches
- School Districts-
- Park Plaza South Pool (Note: the pool is not operated by the PPSHOA)
- City of Tulsa Information
- NEIGHBORHOOD ASSISTANCE
- Code Enforcement- Tulsa - 596-2100
- Mayor's Action Center - Tulsa - 596-2100
- Animal Control - strays/dead animals- Tulsa- 669-6280
- Citizens Crime Commission (Alert Neighbors /CAP) - 585-5209Fire Dept- report fire hazards - 596-9444
- Mosquito Hot Line- 595-4219
- Office for Neighborhoods - Tulsa - 596-1292
- Tulsa Water Department- Broken Water Line - 596-9488
- Make your home look occupied, and make it difficult to break in.
- Lock all outside doors and windows before you leave the house or go to bed. Even if it is
for a short time, lock your doors.
- Leave lights on when you go out. If you are going to be away for a length of time, connect
some lamps to automatic timers to turn them on in the evening and off during the day.
- Keep your garage door closed and locked.
- Don't allow daily deliveries of mail, newspapers or flyers build up while you are away.
Arrange with the Post Office to hold your mail, or arrange for a friend or neighbor to take
- Arrange for your lawn to be mowed if you are going away for an extended time.
- Check your locks on doors and windows and replace them with secure devices as
- Pushbutton locks on doorknobs are easy for burglars to open. Install deadbolt locks on
all your outside doors.
- Sliding glass doors are vulnerable. Special looks are available for better security.
- Other windows may need more secure locks. Check with a locksmith or hardware store
- Don't tempt a thief:
- Lawn mowers, snow blowers, barbecues and bicycles are best stored out of sight.
- Always lock your garden sheds and garages.
- Use curtains on garage and basement windows.
- Never leave notes on your door such as "Gone shopping."
- Locks - get the best:
- Change locks immediately if your keys are lost or stolen.
- When moving into a new home, have all locks changed.
- Targeting the outside:
- Have adequate exterior lighting. A motion-sensitive light is recommended for backyards.
- Trim trees and shrubs so that they cannot be used as hiding places for intruders.
- Make sure your door hinges are on the inside.